These virtual sessions will support trainees with RE subject knowledge. Sessions will be led by Fiona Moss:
RE- What? Why? How? Tuesday 8th November 2022, 4pm – 5.30pm
Subject Knowledge: Teaching About Religious and Non-Religious World Views, Wednesday 1st March 2023, 4pm – 5.30pm
RE: and other curriculum aspects: Collective worship, British values, Cultural capital and SMSC Tuesday 9th May 2023, 4pm – 5.30pm
Fee: £30 / £90 (all sessions and per school)
This programme is essential for all new teachers, whether starting a teaching career in a CofE school or community school. The recent OFSTED RE research report and the ECT framework are clear on the essential nature of subject knowledge CPD. RE is often a subject that teachers feel less confident teaching and this 2-year rolling programme of CPD will improve both RE subject knowledge and confidence. There is also the opportunity to complete gap tasks for a short self-study course through Teach RE. If you have attended these courses from last academic year, it will still be relevant to access the second year of the programme below.
The Intent of The RE Curriculum, Thursday 12th January 2023, 4-6.30pm
Subject knowledge in RE/Religion and worldviews, Wednesday 19th April 2023, 4-6.30pm
Fee per year: £40 / £120 (per school)
Both days are led by Fiona Moss and Lat Blaylock from RE today and include a range of fun and interactive activities to explore the topics below.
- Year 2: Same and Different: Community, values, and respect. 23rd March 2023, 09.30-14.30. Venue to be arranged.
- Year 5: To Know and to Learn- Jews, Christians, and Muslims. 24th March 2023, 09.30-14.30. Venue to be arranged.
Fees: 1 day £70 / £100 or for both days £120/£175
New RE subject leads
Help! New RE Coordinators:
This course is ideal for new subject leaders and will take place during three online sessions: one session in each term. This gives great support to a new subject leader in a community or a church school during their early days of leading the subject. Each new subject leader will also be linked with a leading RE teacher who will provide further support during the year.
- 9th November 2022, 1.30-4.30pm (St Martin’s House, Leicester)
- 28th February 2023, 4-5.15pm (online)
- 14th June, 4-5.15pm (online)
Subject leads/teachers/support staff
Primary RE Development Training
- 25th October 2022, 09.30-12.30am (face to face at St Martin’s House, Leicester). Moderation and pairing with Lead RE teachers for mentoring.
- 1st February 2023, 1-4pm (online). Beliefs into action.
- 25th May 2023, 1-4pm (face to face at St Martin’s House Leicester). Hindu Dharma.
Fee per session: £40/£85
Secondary RS Development Training, with Angela Hill from RE Today, 4pm – 6pm, online. During the first session the content for the other two sessions will be agreed with the group.
- 1st November 2022, supporting RE in Leicestershire – identifying needs, sharing the national picture with a focus on the OFSTED research review for RE.
- 9th February 2023 – content to be agreed
- 28th June 2023 – content to be agreed
Fee per session: £40/£85
Subject knowledge Training (Understanding Christianity)
with Fiona Moss from RE today. This programme is useful for teachers, subject leads, support staff and any members of staff who will be teaching or helping to deliver RE.
- 13th October 2022, 1-4pm – Incarnation (online)
- 16th March 2023, 9am-12 noon – Kingdom of God (online)
- 24th May 2023, 1-4pm – Creation and Fall (online)