Skip to content


Here you will find important information for all areas of your building work. 

All schools including VA, VC and academies must obtain LDBE and site trustees’ consent where capital works constitute:

  • Alterations to or extension of existing buildings
  • Construction of new buildings or erection of modular/pre-fabricated buildings
  • Alterations to or extension of car parks, playgrounds or other significant site features
  • Refurbishment works to kitchens and sanitary facilities
  • Renewal of building services such as heating or electrical installations
  • Renewal of drainage services
  • Works not listed above where the contract value is more than £10,000

For all building related queries please contact YMD Boon, Associates for Leicester DBE: Jonathan Warren