Admissions & Appeals
All schools must have Admission Arrangements that clearly set out how children will be admitted, including the criteria that will be applied if there are more applications than places at the school. Admission arrangements are determined by Admissions Authorities. The Board of Education produces guidance to support Admissions Authorities to determine their policies. READ MORE
DBE Appeals Service
The Leicester Diocesan Board of Education provides an independent, professional Schools Appeals Service dedicated to ensuring that all admission appeal hearings are heard fairly, equally and within the law.
Parents should check with their school that use our Appeals Service before completing the form.
For IN YEAR appeals, provisional dates of hearings are as follows:
- 17 September 2020
- 15 October 2020
- 13 November 2020
- 11 December 2020
- 14 January 2021
- 12 February 2021
- 18 March 2021
- 29 April 2021 (at Brockington, combined with their bulk appeal
First time appeals dates
- 27th May 2021
- 16th June 2021 – Hope Hamilton & other primary schools
- 23rd June 2021 – RISE/OVAL & other primary schools
- 24th June 2021 – Beauchamp College & 6th Form
- 1st July 2021 – Beauchamp College & 6th Form
- 2nd July 2021 – Beauchamp College & 6th Form & Brockington (if needed)
Any late appeals will be heard on the above dates where possible.
No appeals will be heard between 9 July – 3 Sept 2021 due to holidays. A “mop up” appeal session for appeals submitted late or over the holidays will take place in w/c 16 September 2021 – provisionally on 16th September 2021