DBE Governor Two Part Training Programme
Sessions are online 6pm – 8pm (governors should commit to either Group A or B)
Group A – 6th December 2023 & 28th February 2024
Group B – 19th March 2024 & 12th June 2024
- This programme is essential for any new governors and for those who have not accessed DBE training for a while and would benefit from refreshing their knowledge of what it means to be a governor of a church school. This course will give you the firm foundations you need to carry out your role effectively as well as networking and discussion time with other governors in the diocese.
- These sessions will be led by the Deputy Director for Education and Fiona Moss from RE Today along with a serving SIAMS inspector. Through the programme you will explore: What a church school is (and is not), The importance of ethos and vision, RE in a church school, SIAMS, Collective Worship.
- This is for ANY governor or a church school not just Foundation Governors.
- Fee: £125 / £250 (fee is per school not per attendee)
Chair of Governors DBE Monthly Briefings/Huddles
- • 11th September – 14:30-15:30
- • 11th October – 13:00 –14:00
- • 9th November – 15:00-16:00
- • 11th December – 13:30-14:30
- • 16th January – 14:00 – 15:00
- • 8th February – 15:00- 16:00
- • 15th March – 12:00 – 13:00
- • 11th April – 13:00-14:00
- • 13th May – 15:00 -16:00
- • 13th June – 14:00 – 15:00
Bespoke Governor Support
Members of the DBE team are also available to provide bespoke training for governing bodies on the development and/or review of your Christian vision. This is usually delivered online for two hours, contact firstname.lastname@example.org