A virtual Day Conference of high quality experiences for Year 5 Pupils:
To Know and to Learn- Jews, Christians and Muslims
19th March 2021
Price per school: £80 for Partnership Subscribers / £120 other schools
Throughout the world, many people practice different religions. As our world becomes more global, it is important to respect each other and our different beliefs. At this one day virtual Children’s Conference with Lat Blaylock and Fiona Moss from RE Today, schools from across Leicester and Leicestershire will come together virtually for an active and inspiring day to gain deeper knowledge about Muslims, Christians and Jewish people. A series of strategies will be encountered for pupils and teachers to replicate and adapt with other pupils in school. As this is a virtual conference you will be able to have a larger number of pupils take part. In fact we are inviting you to have all your Year 5’s join us.
The aims of the virtual pupil conference are:
- To encourage pupils to learn from each other through virtual dialogue and shared experience
- To improve knowledge and understanding of the writings and beliefs of Christians, Muslims and Jewish people
- to explore diversity in religions and worldviews through exploration of anti racist materials
- To develop pupils’ creative and expressive talents
- To promote the place of excellent, open-minded RE
- To provide teachers with high quality tried and tested resources to use in their own schools and models of how to use them.
As this day is being run virtually there will be a meeting on 24th February at 3.45pm – 5.00pm for all participating teachers to explain how the day will work and what resources are required.